Programs & Eligibility
Education Loan Assistance
Vidya Lakshmi is a first-of-its-kind portal for students seeking Education loans. This portal has been developed under the guidance of the Department of Financial Services (Ministry of Finance) , Department of Higher Education (Ministry of Education), and Indian Banks Association (IBA). Students can view, apply and track their education loan applications to banks anytime, anywhere by accessing the portal. Government-run education loan portal Vidya Lakshmi is a single platform where students can avail of information on loans offered by 40 banks. Just by filling up a single common education loan application form, students can apply to 3 banks of his/her choice at one time. The online process of getting an Education loan through Vidya Lakshmi has reduced the burden and hassle of applying for the loan manually. The student can also send any grievances directly to the bank to which he/she has applied.Know More
Short Term Loan (EMI Option)
Short-term loans are available to students of SMS through GrayQuest. It Covers semester fees, hostel, transportation etc. Students can pay their annual fee into 3/6/9/12 EMIs.Know More
|Overall Percentage of Marks attained by Student in B.Tech./BBA/BCA/B.Com(H)/B.Com,B.Voc, B.Sc Courses at SMS||Slab of Merit Scholarship applicable in MBA Course run at SMS|
|50% to 70%||15% of First Year Fee|
|70% and above||20% of First Year Fee|
SMS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMES
Babu Nageshwar Singh Scholarship for Post Graduate Studies.
The scheme will be applicable to the undergraduate students (B.Tech., BBA, BCA, B.Com(H), B.Com,B.Voc, B.Sc Programmes) of SMS for pursuing MBA course at School of Management Sciences Lucknow.
SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR EXISTING STUDENTS AT SMS LUCKNOW
Prof. Mukund Lal Scholarship (for Year Toppers)
SMS have system of providing adequate scholarships towards toppers of each year of various Graduate and Post-Graduate Programmes :
MBA,B.Tech., BBA, BCA, B.Com(H), B.Com.,B.Voc., B.Sc. & Diploma
SMS provides separate, comfortable and well-furnished hostel accommodation both for boys and girls. Hostel is a place, where students spend their time away from home; so it should be a place which should make students feel like a home out of home.
There are various facilities in hostel accommodation like:
24x7 Wi-Fi facility available in hostels.
Well organized Gaming facilities so that students can stay healthy anf fit. This include-
Indoor Games – Innumerable games are available in hostel like, carrom, table tennis, pool – table etc.
Gaming facilities – It is well organized so that students can stay healthy and fit.
Outdoor games – Every year students are endowed with organization of sports which include games like badminton, cricket, jump, kho-kho etc.
Growing Gooses – There is a state of the art areas for grouping of students; so that they can socialize & do group studies.
Mess – Students are provided with quality, hygienic and enticing food. There is proper nutritional chart of a balaced diet on variety basis to give them full nutritional support too.
For the security and comfort of students and staff members, the institute provides buses for the transportation. The routes and pickup points are clearly followed according to layout plan. Further details are given below:-
- On demand of parents, the institution is providing transport facility at competitive rates, to ensure safety and security of students.
- The college has employed qualified and experienced drivers.
- As there are limited buses/seats, transport facility will be provided on first come first serve basis with a prior written application.
- Transport schedule is designed in such a way that buses will reach the campus 10 minutes before the commencement of academic work of the institution.
- The Student shall pay the prescribed fee in one lump sum for each academic year. No instalments will be allowed.
- Students will be issued bus pass under the seal of Administrative Officer or any other designated officer.
- The students are requested to follow the timings set for the pickup and are advised to be present at the boarding point 10 mins before the arriving schedule.
- If the student arrives late at the boarding point after the bus leaves the point, she/he shall make his/her own transportation arrangement. College does not hold any responsibility.
- In the evening, buses will leave the college as per the schedule.
- No change of schedule or route is permitted. If any change is there in schedule or boarding point, then the student should inform college management at prior basis.
- In case of sudden failure of buses, the students are expected to cooperate with the management. Every best effort will be made to tackle such situations.
- No student will be allowed to board the bus without bus pass and college ID Card.
1. In which year was the Institute established?
SMS Lucknow was established in the year 2008. However, SMS Varanasi was established in 1995.
2. Is there any Entrance test required for admission?
Yes, admissions are taken on the basis of entrance test only -
- For MBA – Qualifying scores of UPSEE/C-MAT are accepted or SMS Entrance Test
- For B.TECH – Qualifying scores of JEE are accepted or SMS Entrance Test
- For BBA/BCA/B.COM/B.Voc/B.COM(H) – SMS Entrance test is conducted
- For Diploma in Engineering – JEE CUP scores are accepted or SMS Entrance Test
3. From where should I get the admission form?
4. How is the Placement Record of the institute?
5. What is International linkage of SMS?
6. Does the institute provide the Hostel/Accommodation/Residential facility for outstation candidates?
We have AC and Non AC Hostel facilities separately for girls and boys on sharing basis. In campus, for boys and off campus for girls on first come first basis. Caring wardens and a tight security ensure a pleasant stay allowing students to focus on their academics.
Wireless internet access and STD facilities ensure close contact with family and friends outside. The fully equipped common rooms with TV, indoor games and other recreation facilities allow create some relaxed time with friends on campus.
7. Can a student apply for UG/PG program in absence of 10+2/Graduation final year result?
8. What is the attendance requirement and when is the attendance calculated from?
9. What are the fee payment options available at the time of admission?
10. What extracurricular activities do you have on campus?
11. Can a student appearing for final year bachelor’s degree apply for the PG Programs?
- Candidates appearing for the final examination for the Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent examination) can also apply.
- The admission will be given on Provisional Basis until the final year Graduation Percentage eligibility is cleared.
12. What documents are needed at the time of GD/PI?
- Original Graduation marksheets along with one zeroxed copy for the same. If you are in the Final year of Graduation, please bring your marksheets for first and second year examinations.
- Original qualifying entrance examination score with one zeroxed copy (if any).
- Two recent passport size color photograph.
- Duly filled-in registration form of the institute.
13. How can I get education loan? Does the institute provide loan facility?
14. What are the eligibility criteria for Lateral Entry in B.Tech Programs?
For B.Tech (LE) Course:>
- Candidates should be a diploma in Engg. holder or B.Sc graduate with mathematics subject at 12th level from any recognized institute located in Uttar Pradesh are eligible for admission to any branch in B.Tech (Lateral Entry) i.e., B.Tech 2nd Year. The minimum marks requirement is 45% for GENERAL and OBC category and 40% for SC/ST category without any grace marks.
- Candidates whose parents (Mother or Father) have a domicile of Uttar Pradesh and who have engineering diploma (three years) in any branch (except Pharmacy, Agriculture Engg. and Architecture) with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) recognized by the Board of Technical Education are eligible for direct admission to second year of any branch.
15. What are the eligibility criteria for Lateral Entry in Diploma Programs?
- You must have qualification of (10+2) with PCM as a Main subjects or ITI certificate course from recognized board.
- You will get admission on the basis of (10+2)/ITI Result.