The Bachelor of Commerce degree is a full-time four year program, affiliated to the University of Lucknow. The University of Lucknow is a world –renowned University established in 1921, ranked 15th by India Today & Nelson company. This course is designed to provide the student with a wide range of Managerial skills while at the same time building competence in a particular area. Students are exposed to general Business Principles and required accounting, economic and quantitative skills.
The degree provides the students with a wide range of managerial skills and competence in a particular area of Commerce. It equips students with the knowledge of accounting principles, export and import laws, economic policies and other aspects that impacts trade and business.
B.Com. Course Suitability
• Student with a wide range of managerial skills while at the same time builds competence in a particular area are suitable for it.
• They should have skills related to sectors like financial services, banking, business, industry, management, entrepreneurial ventures, law, hotel management and government services are suitable for the course.
• It is suitable for Commerce students; they can take up CA, CWA, CSS and other courses easily. There are novel courses like foreign trade and advertising for those who want to do graduation.
Benefits of the course
• Candidates who have completed B.Com. have a High Employment Rate as there is no business which does not require a Manager or a Commerce Specialist to manage the financial aspects of their respective businesses. All the companies registered under the Companies Act, are required to get their accounts audited only by practicing Chartered Accountants because of which accountants never run out of job.
• A qualified Chartered Accountant also has the option of joining the Government Service, Public Sector undertakings or taking up a lucrative assignment in the private sector.
• As the businesses are expanding globally with the use of latest technology, there is growing requirement for qualified and trained individuals to look after day to day business operations successfully.
Bachelor of Commerce: Career Prospects
A person who has completed BCA from any reputed institution will very easily get a job as an Auditor, Budget Analyst, Business Consultant, Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Management Accountant, Chief Financial Officer, Cost Estimator, Finance Manager, Financial Analyst, Stock Broker, etc.
Intermediate or equivalent examination with Commerce or Economics or Mathematics as one of the subjects of study. General and OBC candidates must have secured atleast 40% of marks and SC & ST candidates should have obtained a minimum of 33% in aggregate of total marks.
© 2022. School of Management Sciences. All Rights Reserved.