- The library is primarily for the use of faculty, research scholars, students, and non-teaching employees of the College.
- The privilege of borrowing books from the library is restricted to SMS Group of Institutions community only.
- On special request, outsiders (Students, Faculty, Research scholars of other Colleges) are also admitted for a short period for research with written permission of the Registrar, for which they should bring a requisition letter from the concerned Department.
- In order to streamline the activities of the Library, we all are expected to follow the below said guidelines which will not only facilitate the huge operations at Library but also veil us from any gratuitous discrepancy.
For Membership:-Get registered BY FILLING APPLICATION FORM & submit at the circulation Section Issuance of books.
- The books would be issued from the Stack Room by entering the details in the Issue Register with proper signature of the borrower. Books will be issued out only after due stamping at the Computer issue counter.
- Members need to be present in person while issuance of books. They must ensure that entries in the Issue Register have been correctly done. They must also put their signatures in the Issue Register against each book loaned.
- Reissue of the same book on expiry of time is possible, only in exceptional cases, and availability of sufficient copy of the same title.
Return of Books
- Faculty and Staff members need to be present in person during return of the issued books. They must ensure that return entries have been done correctly.
- Faculty members are requested to ensure that the books are properly re-issued / renewal done for updating library member’s record & also books record at the end of each semester.
- All members should obtain a 'No Due' for any purpose after surrendering the library borrower card also paying any dues outstanding against them, if any.
- All members should return the books borrowed from the library before they proceed on a long period of leave and obtain a ' No Due ' certificate from the library.
- All issued books, by any member, must be physically return to the library 30thApril each year for annual inventory taking.
Note: All issue and return would be suspended during the 3rd & 4th week of May every year for annual inventory check.
Number of books and Loan Period
Loss of Borrower Identity Card & Books
- The Members are responsible for Library borrower card. Loss of Library borrower card should be reported to the circulation section immediately. Duplicate Library borrower card will be issued on payment of Rs. 50/- .
- Loss of book by the borrower should be reported to the Circulation immediately to avoid fine. Further, borrower shall either replace the book or bear its cost.
- If the replacement is not done within 15 days, the defaulter will be charged 2 times the cost of the book.
- If the book of a multi volume set is damaged or lost the member concerned shall be liable to replace the whole set or pay 2 times the cost of the same.
- Internet facility is open for the registered users of the Library only. No outsider will be allowed to use this facility.
- Users should produce the Library Identity Card at Information Desk and collect the same after browsing.
- Users are advised to make use of this facility only to support their academic and research activities.
- Requested to make way to the others to use the facility.
- Users should enter the name and other details in the register before browsing the Internet. Maximum time for browsing is restricted to one hour only.
- Users are advised to help in identifying unauthorized users, since this facility is for the registered users only. It is our collective responsibility, as far as the safeties of the systems are concerned. Please bring to the notice of the Librarian any misuse of the systems.
- The facility is available between 10.00 am to 5.00 pm on all working days.
- All the computers are equipped with the Electronic Surveillance Software to detect the Internet sites visited and searched by each user.
- Librarian reserves the right to stop extending this facility to a person found misusing, apart from initiating action as per the rules by the college Authorities.
- Reproduction of documents shall be monitored and recorded by the staff for the purpose, in the library.
- Photocopy of official documents need to be duly approved by the Registrar or the Director in absence of Registrar.
- Photocopy of personal documents shall be allowable on payment as applicable during the period.
Loss of Borrower Identity Card & Books
- Members shall observe silence in the reading hall.
- Use of cell phone in the Library is not allowed.
- Members shall not engage in conversation in any part of the library so as to cause annoyance to any other reader.
- Members shall not spit in any part of the library.
- Members shall not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to the library.
- Members are responsible for any damage caused by them to the books or any other property belonging to the library and shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon them by the Librarian.
- The members caught tearing pages/stealing of books will be suspended forthwith from using the library facilities and further disciplinary action will be initiated against them by the college administration.
- Members shall not bring personal belongings (including Books and other printed material) and library books borrowed by them inside the library.
- Members leaving the library should stop at the exit so that the material borrowed or taken out of the library by them may be checked.
- Upon any infringement of the library rules members shall forfeit the privileges of admission and membership of the library.
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.
NOTE- Use of Mobile Phones is strictly not allowed inside the library premises.
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
NATIONAL DIGITAL LIBRARY:- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) under its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT) has initiated the National Digital Library of India (NDL India) pilot project to develop a framework of virtual repository of learning resources with a single-window search facility. Filtered and federated searching is employed to facilitate focused searching so that learners can find out the right resource with least effort and in minimum time. NDL India is designed to hold content of any language and provides interface support for leading Indian languages. It is being arranged to provide support for all academic levels including researchers and life-long learners, all disciplines, all popular form of access devices and differently-abled learners. It is being developed to help students to prepare for entrance and competitive examination, to enable people to learn and prepare from best practices from all over the world and to facilitate researchers to perform inter-linked exploration from multiple sources. The pilot project is devising a framework that is being scaled up with respect to content volume and diversity to serve all levels and disciplines of learners. It is being developed at Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
DELNET:- DELNET was started at the India International Centre Library in January 1988 and was registered as a society in 1992. It was initially supported by the National Information System for Science and Technology (NISSAT), Department of Scientific and Industrial Reseach, Government of India. It was subsequently supported by the National Informatics Centre, Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India and the Ministry of Culture, Government of India. DELNET has been established with the prime objective of promoting resource sharing among the libraries through the development of a network of libraries. It aims to collect, store, and disseminate information besides offering computerized services to users, to coordinate efforts for suitable collection development and also to reduce unnecessary duplication wherever possible.
NPTEL:- NPTEL is an acronym for National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning which is an initiative by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for creating course contents in engineering and science. NPTEL as a project originated from many deliberations between IITs, Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) during the years 1999-2003. A proposal was jointly put forward by five IITs (Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Kharagpur and Madras) and IISc for creating contents for 100 courses as web based supplements and 100 complete video courses, for forty hours of duration per course. Web supplements were expected to cover materials that could be delivered in approximately forty hours. Five engineering branches (Civil, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics and Communication and Mechanical) and core science programmes that all engineering students are required to take in their undergraduate engineering programme in India were chosen initially. Contents for the above courses were based on the model curriculum suggested by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the syllabi of major affiliating Universities in India.
NPTEL Local Chapter
Research & Innovation
C. V. Raman Centre for Research & Innovation
Imparting value based research & innovation of highest standard relevant to contemporary environmental issues facing humanity. -Quality Policy
Prof. (Dr.) Bharat Raj Singh
Dr.B.R.Singh completed B.E. in Mech. Engg., from SVNIT, Surat in 1972; M.E. in Analysis & Design from MNNIT, Allahabad in 1988 and Ph.D. from U.P. Technical University (now AKTU) in 2011. -Quality Policy
COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING LAB
|II Year||Data Structure Using C Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Discrete Structure & Graph Theory Lab||Mapple|
|Digital Logic Design Lab||Digital Kits|
|Computer Organization & Architecture||Digital Kits|
|Operating System Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Python Lab||Python 3|
|Software Engineering Lab||SmartDraw|
|III Year||Web Technologies Lab||Java, Apache Tomcat, Netbeans, Dreamviewer|
|Database Management System Lab||Oracle, Mysql|
|Design and Analysis of Algorithm||Turbo C, DevC|
|Principle of Programming Languages Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Computer Network Lab||Turbo C, DevC, GNS3|
|Compiler Design Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Computer Graphics Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Data Mining & Warehousing Lab||Weka, Rapid Miner|
|IV Year||Distributed system Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Project Lab||Visual Studio, Local Web Servers,Java, Apache|
Tomcat, Netbeans, Dreamviewer, Matlab
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING LAB
Civil Engineering Lab
Electronics & Communication Lab
Electrical Engineering Lab
Affiliation & Approval
Affiliation & Approval
Industrial Visits in 2021-2022
Uttar Pradesh New and Renewable Energy Development Agency (UPNEDA)
Industrial Visits in 2020-2021
Industrial Visits in 2019-2020
Industrial Visits in 2018-2019
CENTER OF VEDIC SCIENCE
The aim of “” is to work in the field of different knowledge systems of India, to reveal the essence of wisdom enshrined in the Vedas and to propagate it for the benefit of mankind. The different streams of knowledge like scientific heritage of India, history, philosophy, religious studies, mythology, psychology and cultural studies are enshrined in Vedas, which are to be identified and developed. All these are to be addressed by detailed research, investigation and evaluation. This is the key factor that kindled the idea of setting up a Center of Vedic Science at SMS Lucknow.View More